Top Reasons to Become a Commercial Airline Pilot
- Fun. No words can adequately describe the absolute rush you feel flying an aircraft.
- Best office views. You just can’t beat the views!
- Flexible schedule. Being a professional airline pilot isn’t your typical Monday through Friday, 9-to-5 job. Airline operations are 24/7. Pilots bid for their schedules and are guaranteed days off in between trips—typically more than the two weekend days for a traditional job.
- Dynamic work environment. No two days are alike as you navigate through changing weather on routes to different cities around the world.
- Live where you want. Just because you’re based in a specific city doesn’t mean you need to live there. With flight and other benefits, pilots have a unique opportunity to live where they want (near family, a vacation destination, etc.) and commute to their domicile.
- Seniority matters. Your length of service means something. As your seniority number grows, your pay rate, schedule, and quality of life continue to improve.
- Unbeatable travel benefits. As a pilot, you have an opportunity to see the world, whether you’re on a layover or on vacation using flight benefits (which are often free or available at a nominal cost). Plus, you can share these benefits with your family and friends!